Thursday, January 3, 2008

Of kings and men (and women)

My mom once told me that it is sinful to think about someone else's mortality. But really, if Erap runs again in 2010, I would rather be excommunicated. To paraphrase another president, I'd rather have hell than a heaven ruled by an immoral cretin.
***
I'm staying up late to watch CNN's live coverage of the Iowa caucuses. If not for their high-tech touch-screen monitors, for that hot papa Anderson Cooper. No but really, this could be historical; the results can start the trend; which in turn could give the world's remaining superpower its first female or black president.

His coverage at the new year celebrations at the Times Square was a blast. That took balls to co-host with the hilarious Kathy Lee Griffin. Loved it when she puts him on the spot.
***
Oh, some of the late night talk shows are back. I pity the writers who joined the strike. I heard Letterman's fired all of his. Tsk, tsk.
***
It's getting cold up here in our place. We don't have air-conditioned rooms, but the open windows are blowing us arctic winds in here. Right now, the temp is at 20 degrees C. Earlier at dawn, it reached as low as 18 degrees.

No comments: