Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Amends

The lent is upon us, and everyone seems to be in pensive mood. The other day, our office had a recollection of some sort led by a Jesuit scholastic who does not seem to know where his commas and pauses should be. We were made to say sorry to the three people we strongly feel we should say sorry to, and thank those we should. But we didn't exactly say them: suffice to say it involved band-aids and cake candles. Wisecracks and okrayan sessions are especially brutal in our office, but it seems everyone is making an effort not be horrible this week. I better enjoy it while it lasts.

I need this break. Need to sort myself and think out some things. While I've already gotten over its supposed mystical significance, I welcome the quiet solace of the days ahead.

No comments: