Saturday, July 21, 2007

Shangri-La







Photos taken from me and my parents' Mindanao trip. I originally wanted to visit Camiguin and Siargao (places everyone I know has been to and hyped up), but the trip became some sort of a homecoming for the Quina clan - many of whom flew in from abroad that week. So I decided to scrap my itinerary and tag along with my relatives.

These photos were taken from and on our way to visit Tinago Falls along the border of Marawi and Iligan City. It was literally "tinago" as one could imagine - we had to go off-road and use dirt tracks to reach the descent point, and we had to go down 300+ steep and jagged steps to reach the base of the falls. The older folks were complaining, but realized it was worth every joint pain upon seeing the falls in its pristine glory. In contrast to the Maria Cristina falls which we also visited, Tinago was not as crowded and not as developed; there was only another group when we visited, of about 5 people.

Visit my Multipy site for more pictures.

No comments: