Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Flooded

The path walk in front of our office is. I bet Katipunan Avenue also is. The rest of the Ateneo campus will be, too, in a few hours.

That's how torrential the rain is tonight, and it came with lightning/thunder. And would anyone have guessed it, we are having our annual office outing tomorrow! Google! Our swimming trunks and really skimpy bathing suits would sure look hot in the rain. Two of my officemates are also sick and won't be coming with us tomorrow, effectively cutting down the fun factor by 20%. This must be the best summer outing ever.

I might be wrong, of course. I hope Nikko brings his laptop (the only one in our office who has, and it's a Mac G4 mind you), and I could bring my (my brother's, I mean) books. I've been raring to re-read Philip Roth's The Breast, and to celebrate Kurt Vonnegut (who died almost a month ago), I'll also revisit Slaughterhouse-Five.

Maybe I'll throw in John Irving, just for some assurance.

Why does it always have to be beaches for outings?

No comments: