Saturday, May 19, 2007

Just finished my College Preparatory Class. Covered Renaissance philosophy, to Social Contract theorists (Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau), and the early Enlightenment and positivism. Whew! After 4 sessions in four weeks, I felt more comfortable today. I feel that my strength really is in the Enlightenment until postmodern philosophy. I could almost say I took the course twice in college, though not due to any delinquency. There's the standard history of western philosophy course (Soc Sci 2 in UP Diliman), and the introduction to sociological theory class which is hopelessly intertwined with the developments in western philosophy since the Enlightenment (sociology was born out of that period, was called social physics then).

Next week I'll have Marx. Oh God, help me. The easiest to understand can be the most difficult to explain, not because of its complexity but rather its volume. I don't have the slightest idea how I can cram Marx (context, reactions and all) in 3 hours. Gudlak.

In the meantime, I'm going on 40 dates tonight, despite losing my voice to cough exacerbated by me lecturing to an audience of 50 or more earlier. I hope my dates take pity on me and give me 40 Tuseran capsules.

No comments: