Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things change

This morning I wake up to news that the MJ I've come to know more as a mythological creature (not too different from centaurs and leprechauns) than a real person is finally being laid to rest. I’ve learned about Michael Jackson and danced to his music even before I knew Florante at Laura and Beowulf. It’s amazing how he transcended celebrity to become part of almost universal human consciousness.

***

And the next news I read is about Google launching its own OS soon. I’ve long been a fan of all things Google, except maybe for Blogspot and Orkut – which I really, really like if only I knew a single person there. I’ve been a Gmail user since 2001 and it has been my main email address ever since. Today, even my work PC is not spared of my fandom – it’s littered with all sorts of Google Desktop widgets that I imagine are just plain cute to not have. I also belong to the 1.2% people in the world who use Google Chrome as their main browser.

I could not wait for the Chrome OS. I wish they invite me for a beta test.

***

And then I check out Blogspot. Things really did change.

No comments: