Thursday, February 28, 2008

Go to the Water!

Hay. You can now reach me at this number: 09293777495. I wish this number brings me goodluck.
---
I wish I knew how to swim. This morning a colleague and I went swimming at the campus pool and I discovered I still bore the frustration I had more than I year a go when I took swimming lessons. I only participated in three of the five sessions required to complete the training, and my departure was done in the most cowardly way possible. We were being taught how to do the freestyle then and I just can't use my mouth to breathe. The trainer kept asking us to do laps until I drowned in chlorinated water. I got out of the pool on my third lap, rushed to the toilet and puked what could be three liters of pool water. And it didn't stop there; it also went out my other end. I had never seen liquid that much come out of it.

I never bothered to tell the instructor that I'm quitting. I just walked off the pool and out of the gym.

Maybe I should just try some other "extreme" sport. Like skydiving, perhaps. Or billiards.
---
Go to the Water is also a hypnotic track from Jamie Oakes' album Shadow in Dreams. It's very hard to find, but because I just feel generous today, I'm sharing it with you. Enjoy!

No comments: